Saturday, February 25, 2012

Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge

Hi there!  Today is blog hop day for Papertrey Ink.  If you'd like to see what everyone has created, you can check out the links on Nichole's blog.  This month's challenge was to create an interactive card.  This one took me all morning to create, but I think it was worth the effort! 

Here's the front of the card:



As you can see, I alluded to the fun to come inside!  Here's another look with a peek at the inside.


Ok, now for the fun...open it up and this is what you see...


Fun right???  To make the pop up part of this card, I made slits in the white cardstock that allowed me to fold it forward...similar to PTI's new die that came out last month.  I wish you could see this card in motion, because the flowers move a little when you open it.  They are mounted on acetate strips of paper which are then mounted on the back of the pink birthday sign.  This allows them to move a little more freely.  Here's a closer look...


Thanks for stopping by!  I'd love to hear your comments!

Kate

INGREDIENTS:
Paper: PTI's Kraft, White, Sweet Blush, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Raspberry Fizz, Blueberry Sky, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, and Dark Chocolate (whew!!)
Stamps: PTI's Background Basics: Medallions, Movers and Shakers Sentiments, and Happy Day
Ink: PTI's Raspberry Fizz, Classic Kraft and Smokey Shadow
Dies: PTI's Mat Stack 5, Layerz Mat Stack 5, Happy Day, Turning a New Leaf, Block Alphabet Die Collection, Beautiful Blooms II #1 and #3



38 comments:

  1. AWESOME card! I truly love the surprise inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fabulous surprise when you open the card! How fun to see how you used the new PTI goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun when you open the card to a beautiful garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really regretting not getting the medallion background set! Love the birthday bouquet inside the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very cute! I love all those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card just makes me happy. Someone is going to smile for sure when they open this up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy bouquet- I just love this (I think I might have to give that technique a try)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so much fun. It made me smile just to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a WOW!!! card! Its lovely and a real treat for the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super cheery card! Love the pop up the happy flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kate this is a great surprise card with the beautiful flowers. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful surprise inside! An explosion of flowers is such a GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card, Kate! I can see how time consuming it would be, but my goodness, the outcome is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That certainly IS a surprise inside and it is awesome! Love all the colors you chose, and the neat flowers for "happy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful birthday bouquet of lovely flowers! ;-) This is a fun, happy card. Great job! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good God. How long did it take you to do this. It's fabulous!!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful surprise inside. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could see why this card took all morning, but it is totally worth it. That bouquet that pops up on the inside is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOWZA!! Love it. Need it for my mother-in-law. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, that is fun!!! This card would cheer anyone up and it is so pretty. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how pretty! Love the pop-up flowers! Lovely colors too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, this was a great surprise! Way to rock out the PTI blog challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh a bouquet popping out from inside, what a neat surprise! This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the bouquet popping out - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! I love this boquet of flowers hidden in this card! Just plain fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The card certainly shows all the effort you put into it! Just wonderful! Someone will be very lucky (and surprised!) when they receive it. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too cute Kate!!! Great job! I LOVE it!!! You are getting so creative with your interactive cards! Great job!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute way to use the new stuff!!

    ReplyDelete