Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pumpkin Bread - Yum!


Hi friends!  Two posts in one day...can you believe it?  I wanted to share with you the pumpkin bread goodies that I gave to the kids' teachers as Thanksgiving gifts this year.  My mom always made loaves and loaves of pumpkin bread when we were little, and I am so happy to carry on the tradition with my little ones!  Here's the recipe:

Pumpkin Bread

4 c flour
3 c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tstp ginger
1 c oil
2/3 c water
1-15oz can pumkin
4 eggs
1 c chopped pecans

Sift all dry ingredients together and mix well.  Add wet ingredients (oil, water and pumpkin) and mix well.  Add eggs one at a time.  Fold in pecans.  Pour into 3 well greased and sugared loaf pans.  Sprinkle some sugar on top of mixture in loaf pans.  (Note that the sugar in the pans and on top of the loaves is optional.)  Cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Cool for several minutes and turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.  Enjoy!


I of course wanted to make the presentation as pretty as the bread is scrumptious, so I wrapped them all in parchment paper (after first wrapping them in cling wrap), and then tied them with some pretty green ribbon I found in a dollar bin somewhere.  I cut out some tags with the Cricut (from the Winter Frolic cart) and then stamped some 1 3/4" circles with a stamp from PTI's 2009 Autum Tags set.  I then cut a little sprig of artificial fall-like flowers from a bunch I had in my stash.  On the back of the tags I wrote, "Happy Thanksgiving from the Temples".  I hope that they enjoyed the bread and know how much we appreciate all they do!

Thanks for visiting (again)!!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment