Monday, November 7, 2011

Challenge Monday!!

Hi friends!  Today was absolutely gorgeous here in Kentucky!!  Probably one of the most beautiful fall days I have ever experienced!! 



I wanted to participate in a couple of challenges this week.  First is the Papertrey Ink Make it Monday Challenge which asked us to try a technique Heather Nichols calls Reverse Applique.  Basically, this means that you die cut an image and then stitch the remaining negative space to your card.  I do not own very many PTI dies, so I had to come up with a different twist on this challenge.  I used one of the Holiday Photo Finishers dies and stitched the remainder of the paper (not the actual die cut piece) to my card.

The second challenge is the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  So, I used PTI's Holiday Photo Finishers stamp set and one of the Half & Half sentiment stamps which celebrates friendship. 

I threaded the ribbon through the card front, which makes it look like it disappears behind the sentiment. 



I decided to stitch (with my machine) in black on the white paper because I really wanted the stitching to stand out.  I have to say that this was quite a tedious job, because I basically had to hand crank my machine in order to place the stitches exactly where I wanted them.  I think the extra effort really paid off though! 

As always thanks for visiting!!

Kate

P.S.  I also submitted this card for the Cuttlebug Spot challenge since I used the Cuttlebug to do the die cutting!

8 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Love the sentiment. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Come check out my blog's new weekly challenges!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kate! Thanks for linking this up to the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love the stitching, well worth the time and effort. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice card. You did an awesome job with the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific card, and apparently I am not the only one who thinks so!. You are getting some well deserved recognition here. thanks for sharing the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! And you were featured on Stampin' Up's Facebook page - congratulations!!!!! How fun! THis really is a great card! The details are amazing!!!

    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Love the stitching. I really need to learn how to do that. :) Makes your card extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely CAS card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete