Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pen holder and wall hanging

For Christmas I wanted to give my new little niece something special, so I made her this cute little wall hanging for her room.  Her mom collects elephants with their trunks up because this is a symbol of good luck, and it is something that her mother passed on to her.  When I saw this paper it was screaming for a project for little Anna Faye!  I used the Storybook cart to cut out the A, and to make the flower in the upper left-hand corner, I used several layers of a flower I cut out using the Winter Woodland cart.  I think the effect of layering regular card stock with vellum turned out pretty good!

The second project featured here is a tin that I decorated to hold all of my gel pens.  I received a tin of peppermint hot chocolate this Christmas and I held onto the can because I just knew I could do something with it!  I covered it in paper and made some glittery letters to go on the front.  I love it!  It just makes me smile!

Thanks for visiting!  Have a great day!

Kate





2 comments:

  1. The card is so pretty....and your gel pen holder is fantastic. Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave a sweet comment.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timeless European-inspired architecture marry contempo design
    and amenities offers its resident a truly alluring abode to call home.
    the interlace

    ReplyDelete